Welcome to the First Settlers Avenue
Welcome to FSR! In addition to Jacob's answers here is a little bit more on the telephone issue. If I remember correctly (I have a 2007 Boxster S) if you have the telephone module in your PCM it needs its own sim card...it isn't Bluetooth capable to talk to your own phone so you end up paying for another phone line with your carrier. Or, you can get an aftermarket module to tie into your PCM that is Bluetooth capable and use it instead of the CD Changer setting to access your phone through the car stereo. I went this route and bought a unit from Dension. It required some effort to instal but works well.
Hope to see you at some of our events!
Also, I myself stays with the installer to watch the process. It is inevitable that they will scratch your winschield frame and expose bare metal, BUT I always make sure I have top quality primer to coat the bare metal right away or it will be like cancer in a couple of years if moisture gets in that bare metal before its coated/sealed.
Rob Vance replied to the topic Re: 1983 911 SC Guards Red w/ 3.2l - 136,100 miles in the forums.Car will be at the Saturday breakfast 2-2-13
1983 SC Guards Red. 136,100 miles on chassis with only 16,000 miles on a 3.2 Carrera engine . Engine rebuilt before install. Rebuilt transmission and added LSD. Only a 1000 miles on transmission. Great driving car – ready for street or HPDE driving.
• RUF front bumper (fiberglass)
• Fog light delete
• RS rear (fiberglass)
• Paint has some chips. Driver’s door has small penny sized ding that could be pulled. Driver’s rear flare has quarter sized ding that also could be pulled.
• AC delete
• Radio delete
• Cobra Imola racing seats
• 5 point harness – G-force Racing
• Clock deleted and replaced with Oil warning light
• Das Sport Roll bar
• Brey Kraus Fire Extinguisher mount
• 2.5lb Halotron Fire Extinguisher
• Camera Mount
• MoMo Prototipo Steering wheel with extension
• Rennline Throttle and dead pedal
• Rennline floor boards
• Rebuilt 3.2L - chipped
• Dansk muffler - two in one out
• Carrera oil cooler with fan
• Rebuilt 915 w/ Quaife LSD
• J West Short shifter
• Carrera brakes and rotors - front
• 23mm master cylinder
• 993 brake cooling fins
• Bilstein Sports shocks and struts
• 21/23mm sway bars
• Weltmeister Camber bar
• 21/28mm Elephant Racing torsion bars
• Elephant Racing poly bronze bushing - rear
• Elephant Racing decambered monoball - front
• Turbo-tie rods
• Dry cell battery w/ kill switch
• Fuchs 16\"
• Bridgestone Ponteza R-11 –plenty of tread
• Steel lugs
I have original bumpers, clock, AC, seats and engine hood that will convey with the car.
Car is located in the greater Richmond area. 757-253-6657
Phil Grandfield replied to the topic Re: Atkins Joined Nearly 3 Years Ago but slow to sit in the forums.Doug,
Good point about most of our events being on the weekends which can be limiting to some folks. A few years ago we tried to have mid-week dinner events, at least on the eastern side, but have gotten away from that. Do you think an weekday dinner event would be popular?
By the way, it\'s ok to bring your kids to breakfast. They have some of the most fun looking at the cars!
Larry Turner uploaded a new avatar
I've got almost 33 years of Panos, as well as many years of Excellence magazines. I'm going to be moving soon, and they're not coming along this time. If anyone would like them, they can be picked up for free. Otherwise, a very nice collection will be recycled.
Call Doug at 804-368-0689 (in Ashland) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.